At Owner Finance Homes LLC (or “Owner Finance Homes”), we recognize our obligation to keep your private information secure and Confidential. This notice will provide you with detail concerning our data security measures that apply to our recordkeeping system, website, and customer information.
Scope of Policy.
How Do We Collect Information?
All personal and/or financial information and/or authorizations you provide to us are voluntary. We collect non-public information about you from information we receive from you on your applications or other forms; information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency. We also collect non-public information from records maintained by or on behalf of Owner Finance Homes, which may include your loan origination file, your loan servicing file, other files specific to your loan, public records, or other written or recorded documents and information submitted to us by you, our employees, and/or our business partners. We may also collect public or non-public information from third parties, such as third-party brokers, credit reporting bureaus, courts, and other public and non-public sources.
What information do we gather?
Non-public information that we collect includes:
- Property, mortgage loan, and owner information included on the Multiple Listing Services (“MLS”), including: private remarks, loan type, loan balance, equity, interest rate, payment type, payment, lender, origination date, 2nd mortgage, possibility of a short sale, real estate commission structure (if any), Real Estate Broker information, owner’s name, occupancy, seller type, and other information available only to those authorized users of MLS, and
- Personal identification information, including your name, address, social security number in whole or in part, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and other identifying information; and
- Personal financial information, including income information, employment and tax information, mortgage payment or rental payment history, account numbers, financial institution information, asset information, liability information, and other information related to your financial resources;
- Credit payment history and or scores; and
Other information deemed necessary to provide our services or products to you.
How Is Non-Public Information Used?
We do not disclose non-public information except as allowed by law. We use non-public information as needed to process your request for our services, products or information. For example, if you apply for a mortgage loan with Owner Finance Homes, we will use non-public information to determine your eligibility for certain mortgage loans and then, if appropriate, to process and close your mortgage loan. If Owner Finance Homes administers or services your mortgage loan, then we will use non-public information to complete our servicing duties, which may include processing of payments or working to resolve issues or disputes related to your mortgage loan. We train our employees to protect your non-public information. We may also use information we collect for analytical, statistical, research or marketing purposes, as allowed by law.
We do not sell our customer lists, customer information, or non-public information. As permitted by law or allowed by you, there are situations in which your public or non-public information may be shared with third parties. These situations include:
- Owner Finance Homes-affiliated companies, including our servicers, sub-servicers, master servicers, business partners, or others who provide services to us;
- Investors, banks, trusts, trustees, agencies, organizations, or entities holding an interest in your mortgage loan or evaluating the purchase, assignment, or transfer of your mortgage loan;
- Any Federal or State Regulatory Agency in the course of their review of our business practices or as otherwise prescribed by law or court order;
- Regulatory agencies such as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and state regulatory agencies;
- Owner Finance Homes attorneys and accountants in the course of their review of our business;
- Courts or attorneys who serve us with a subpoena;
- Successor lenders or investors and our assignees, successors or fiduciaries;
- Other companies or persons not affiliated with Owner Finance Homes that provide services to us when disclosure is permitted, not prohibited, or otherwise required or allowed by applicable law.
Patriot Act Disclosure.
To help the United States government prevent fraud and fight the funding of terrorism, money laundering and related activities, Federal law requires that we obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who applies for a mortgage loan through Owner Finance Homes LLC. We will ask you for your name, address, date of birth, and other identification information. We may also inspect and/or copy your driver’s license or other identifying documents. If you fail or refuse to provide such information, we may decline to open account or establish or continue a customer relationship with you.
Social Security Number Privacy Act.
Owner Finance Homes LLC collects social security numbers to allow us to provide services to you; to support federal, state and local legal requirements; and to meet our human resources needs. We restrict access to social security numbers to those employees, agents, and contractors who require those numbers to support these purposes. We will not disclose your social security number to any third parties except as otherwise stated in this Policy, or as required or allowed by law. We strive to protect social security numbers known to us by maintaining physical, electronic, procedural, and technological safeguards in compliance with state, local and federal regulations relating to the non-disclosure of social security numbers.
Policies and Procedures.
You provide public and non-public information during the normal course of contracting to sell your residential house to Owner Finance Homes or while purchasing one of Owner Finance Homes’ residential houses. Additionally, you may provide us with access to both your public and non-public information in the course of submitting your mortgage loan application.
- Owner Finance Homes restricts access to our physical and electronic files to authorized personnel only – Owner Finance Homes home office staff and our Designated Independent Contracts (i.e., attorneys and licensed Residential Mortgage Loan Originators). All our authorized personnel have signed a “Client Confidentiality Agreement” which is kept on file in the home office. Only those staff members or Designated Independent Contractors that must have access to personal information have the means to view that information.
- Owner Finance Homes does not obtain personal information from sources other than those mentioned above.
- Upon completion of your business relationship with Owner Finance Homes, your personal information will be destroyed according to state and Federal law, except as required by state and Federal law.
Third Party Services.
Use by Minors.
This Website is not intended for the use of individuals under the age of 18, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Website or any associated services. The Company does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from individuals under the age of 18 years of age.
Modification of Policy.
This Policy is effective September 3, 2011. We reserve the right to amend, alter, update or other change this Policy at our discretion. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on our web page in a timely manner.
Owner Finance Homes LLC shall not be held responsible or liable for the quality or results or products, services, or promises of any third party.
Questions or Comments.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy or any other policy or practice of Owner Finance Homes LLC, please contact us at:
Owner Finance Homes LLC
16901 Dallas Parkway, Suite 118, Addison, Texas 75001
Please note that email communications are not always secure; please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.